HP 2210 PDA and Infrared Woes!

Wirral Bagpuss 01:01 23 Sep 03

I have recently bought an HP 2210 PDA which is a joy to use except for one niggle, how do you use the Infrared functionality on it? I want it to talk to my Nokia 6610, but it is not letting me do so. :(

Can anyone offer advice? I do plan to get a mobile phone with bluetooth, but for now Infrared is what i am limited to.

Xzrox 03:16 23 Sep 03

Go to |Start| > |Settings| and then along the bottom tap on |Connection|. There should be an option to configure 'Beam'. Tap on it and you will have the option to receive all incoming beams - make sure it is enabled. Check to see if the link 'Receive an infrared beam' helps, situated at the bottom of the 'Beam' page.

However, if you are wanting to dial-up with the mobile phone, go back to the |Connections| tab and then click on the icon 'Connections'. From in here you will be able to manage and create new connections.

Hope this helps.... if it doesn't, just post away!

Wirral Bagpuss 22:43 23 Sep 03

Hmm thanks for the advice, but i cannot get it to work. Could it be my mobile? I'll give 02 a ring tomorrow! :( :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…