HP 2180 printer problems

Mary_S 16:47 04 May 10

Dear All,
I have a problem with my HP 2180 printer. The problem is that with any page I print, the result are pages with faded ink. I would usually think that this is because my ink is run out but in the hP solutions it shows that I still have more than 50% remaining. I dont want to spend £22 on a new catridge nor do I want to spend over £30 for a new printer when I do not know what is wrong. ??

Mary_S 17:01 04 May 10

I just printed a page using my colour ink. It printed fine. Is it safe to deduct that my black catridge has finished, even tho under HP solutions it still shows I have more then 50% ??

Sea Urchin 17:39 04 May 10

One idea would be to remove the black cartridge and then reinstall it - then see if the the printing is any stronger. But the quantity of ink remaining as shown in HP Solutions may not be at all reliable - it relies on counting the number of documents you print, and doesn't actually measure the ink in the cartridge. Mine showed empty about three months ago, and it's still going strong. Yours maybe is the reverse - it depends on what type of documents you print, and how how much ink is used on each page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…