HP 1730 monitor screen goes black

AW1234567 09:11 06 Jul 07

Hi All,
I have an HP 1730 monitor and I am running windows XP professional. from time to time the screen goes off, the LED on the front is green and any sound still comes through the monitors speakers. The only way to get it back is to turn the monitor off and then back on. It acts like it is in some kind of sleep or standby mode but it is random on the timing and the LED is green.

any thoughts?

Thanks

A

Taff™ 09:36 06 Jul 07

Does this happen when you are using the computer or when it is inactive? Check your Power settings by right clicking the desktop and selecting Properties. Go to the Screen Saver Tab and select power. Check what scheme you are using and what the setting is for Monitor in particular. If in doubt change the scheme using the drop down to "Always On" and see if that cures it.

AW1234567 19:02 06 Jul 07

Hi Taff
I have taken your advice and will update if it is successful. In answer to your question it is when I am using the PC, I was typing the original message and it went off twice, however I have been on for 5 mins now and it hasn't gone off yet. it is a random time frame between events so I am not sure if it is a hardware fault etc..

Cheers

A

Taff™ 08:24 07 Jul 07

It shouldn`t go of when you`re actively using the computer. It appears to be quite an old monitor so it could be on it`s way out. It had a three year warranty originally when it came out in 2004 - is it older than that? I would check the cables as well by swapping them if possible.

AW1234567 14:57 21 Jul 07

Thanks All, I have replaced the monitor as it was a hardware fault.

AW1234567 14:58 21 Jul 07

resolved

Taff™ 08:50 22 Jul 07

Glad it`s sorted. Tick the resolved box?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…