HP 1310 Printer - keeps printing allignment page

Haylyn 10:11 20 Aug 05

Have just bought HP 1310; everytime we switch on it asks to align and then print a page without allowing us to close box.

Helpline closed over weekend so can anyone help.

Self test shows allignment is fine

Lynda

wobbly76 10:46 20 Aug 05

Hi Lynda,
I have an HP 1310 and have just started refilling the cartridges myself, I don't know if this will help but after resetting the ink indicator I print a test page after that every time I want to print something I get a test page printed, so I put the test page in the scanner and press ' scan ' so it does an alignment page, it didn't want to print a test page after that.

Hope that helps, w76

Graham ® 10:52 20 Aug 05

This may be because you have disconnected the power, eg. at the wall socket.

Haylyn 19:46 20 Aug 05

Still having problem;

not happening all the time; is it best to have computer switched on and then put printer on, or the other way round, or doesn't it matter.

Regards

Lynda

Graham ® 20:38 20 Aug 05

As above, are you unplugging the power to the printer, in addition to turning it off?

CHAIRLEG 21:27 20 Aug 05

After the printer has printed the alignment page are you putting the page in the scanner and pressing SCAN to complete the operation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…