HP 1220C Printer / Is refilling ink cartridges o.k

joesmodeltrains.com 03:50 16 May 03

One thing that is puzzling me is that the printer doesn't sense that the black cartridge has been refilled. all seems to work right, except for I think an unrelated thing(not really sure)and that is that the actual printout of my work from say Publisher doesn't come out in the same color tones as seen on my monitor- any tips?

-pops- 06:39 16 May 03

"Is refilling ink cartridges o.k"? If it suits you and you are happy with the results then, yes.

Regarding printed colours and on screen colours being different, this is extremely common and could be said to be the norm. It is possible to match the two but it is a fiddly procedure for most machines and only really worth it if you are involved with graphic arts where you will have software such as Adobe Gamma to do it anyway.

Brian

The Spires 06:52 16 May 03

One thing you can do in MS Publisher is under Options tick the 'Improve Screen & Printer Color Match' box. Whether it makes any differance or not I do not know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…