Howto hardreset Toshiba satelite A50 laptop

perazim 11:31 07 Feb 15

I have a 2 month old A50. Just tried to power it up and it is completely dead. Tried the usual things. Have a second identical A50 so I swapped out the battery and power supply. No change. Suspect battery and power supply work in second laptop. See no indication that power is getting to the laptop. Power supply cable outputs 19VDC.

I assume that the power button is really a soft button and that power is actually switched by software.

Question: is there a hard reset that can be done either by a key sequence or some kind of jumper or removing the cmos battery that may correct this?

Before anyone suggests that I return this under warranty,T know that I am in Africa and warranty is most likely a lost cause.

Thanks,

Perazim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:49 07 Feb 15

If another power supply and battery are producing nothing then it looking like a motherboard failure. and a warrenty claim is your only hope

A factory reset relies on the fact that it will powerup and access the images from the hard drive.

try with hard drive remove / memory removed and see if it will boot to an error message, otherwise as stated earlier I suspect motherboard failure.

perazim 12:13 07 Feb 15

Removed ram and harddrive and CMOS battery. Still will not power up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now