How would you go about printing this ?

mooly 08:04 16 May 08

The easiest way to explain what I am trying to do is to look at this web page. It's here click here and is a map of Britain and shows various weather stations. You hover your cursor over an arrow and get a detailed report for that station. Left click an arrow and it changes to a 5 day forecast. How do you print the map showing details. You can't move your cursor or you lose the image. I tried playing around with "prt screen" and got nowhere. All I get is a map with no detail.

Sapins 08:39 16 May 08

Try Gadwin Printscreen, click here it captures the cursor as well so you don't have to move it to select print. You can programme a key to save an image.

sinbads 08:40 16 May 08

If you run vista use the snipping tool ;but you will need to assign a shortcut key in the properties.

Technotiger 09:20 16 May 08

FastStone Capture is another excellent program which will save your Captures to your My Pictures folder. Version 5. is free later versions are not, though still very cheap for a single life-time licence. Can even Capture scrolling windows!

The free version ... click here

Technotiger 09:28 16 May 08

This is by FastStone Capture ... from you link above ...

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Technotiger 09:29 16 May 08

PS - I put the red circle on myself, this is my local area :-))

Woolwell 09:40 16 May 08

Interesting site. I managed to capture the page by carefully leaving the mouse still and then using ALT-Prt SCr and then pasting into Paint which gave me a screen capture of the Firefox page.

You need to click then make sure that you don't moce the cursor at all and use the keyboard for the capture.

Technotiger 09:41 16 May 08

With FastStone you can - you use the option to show cursor and use the keyboard shortcut keys to make the Capture, in my example above I used the Capture Rectangle Region which allows one to make the rectangle at any size or part of the picture. Opened the Capture with the Editor to add my red circle, then saved in My Pictures, from where of course one can print what you like in the normal way.

Technotiger 09:47 16 May 08

Hi, I am assuming you are referring to FastStone - experiment, you will find that you are able to move your cursor and still make the Capture.

mooly 11:56 16 May 08

Wow -- Thanks guys for all your suggestions, it's given me quite a bit to go now. It's a great site, much better than TV forecasts, check it out during a real storm, I have seen 99mph shown, and not a mention on the telly !
I am running Vista, and will probably have a play with Sinbads and Woolwells ideas first. I wanted to stick to what was "within Vista" if possible, and for something I would only use once in a blue moon I probably would not want to install a 3rd party prog. I can see Technotiger and Sapins are well into this, but I tend to be wary of adding other applications.
I will click this as resolved, and have a play when I have time. Curiosity as much as anything.
Thanks again chaps

Woolwell 14:26 16 May 08

I wasn't referring to FastStone. I used XP's print screen facility and Paint.

Not sure if this applies to Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5