How would i install Windows XP from scratch?

Re-staw 17:42 02 Dec 08

hi, an old friend installed windows XP professional onto my PC but ever since ive found problems with it, id like to go back to Windows XP but would have no idea how to wipe the entire thing clean and install a new OS onto it, also.. would i need to purchase a new Windows XP installation disc or could i just borrow one, i dont beleive i originally recieved one with my computer.

Technotiger 17:46 02 Dec 08

If you have your original XP Key, you could borrow an a XP Installation disc and with it in the PC do a re-start. Run the installation, which should remove the other version.

I have not done this myself, but believe this is the way to do it.

No doubt I will soon be corrected if I am wrong :-))

Graham. 17:52 02 Dec 08

Look for the Product Key on the case. Then you can certainly borrow a copy of XP Home.

If not, you can buy a copy with a new Key click here

Re-staw 18:04 02 Dec 08

Thanks, will it automatically right over my OS ?

and also will this completely format everything so it will be as it was when i first bought it?

Technotiger 18:25 02 Dec 08

You should just finish up with a Clean install of XP - as long as you have your original Key. Otherwise, as already stated, you would need to purchase a new Key as above.

Technotiger 18:26 02 Dec 08

You should just finish up with a Clean install of XP - as long as you have your original Key. Otherwise, as already stated, you would need to purchase a new Key as above.

Technotiger 18:26 02 Dec 08

Ooops, sorry about the double-post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…