how to view my computer/documents

ZEROTOLERANCE 02:56 13 Jul 04

can anyone tell me how i can stop the window view changing every time i change page ?

i want it so as its icons in my drives and list when im looking at my docs, trouble is every time i switch pages when i go back to the last page i was viewing its gone back to filmstrip or tiles, ive tried changing them back in view on the top bar and using the views icon, ive also tied locking the toolbars, but they still change each time .

Djohn 03:45 13 Jul 04

Start/control panel/apearence and themes/folder options and set from there.

ZEROTOLERANCE 13:09 13 Jul 04

thankyou

ZEROTOLERANCE 13:16 13 Jul 04

just went to folder options etc,

but the, "remember each folder's view settings" is already ticked??

ZEROTOLERANCE 18:07 13 Jul 04

tried that also, doesnt work?? any suggestions,

i think it started happening around the time i instaled the new hard drive, but this isnt related surely?

Djohn 18:13 13 Jul 04

Don't think the new drive will have any influence on this. Just tried mine XP Pro. All folders will retain the individual view or can be set for all to view the same way. Doesn't help you much except to confirm it can be done. :o(

keith-236785 19:11 13 Jul 04

open My Documents, click tools/folder options.

just under the "remember each folder's view settings" entry is a setting to "restore previous folder window at login", that should NOT have a tick. if yours has, untick it and see if it helps

worth a try

you could also press and hold CTRL when you close the window (it works with Internet Explorer) clutching at straws here mate ;-))

VoG II 19:17 13 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017