How to use a TV created dvd on PC

awest3 16:42 22 Aug 08

I've just created a dvd, copying from my Sony HDD/DVD recorder (HDD to DVD). I expected it to run on either of my my PC's (1 vista, 1 XP) without any issues, but not only will it not run, its not even recognised. I'm using DVD+R disks. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong..?

Al

€dstowe 16:55 22 Aug 08

Do you have DVD player software installed?

Examples click here

jack 17:14 22 Aug 08

Plus it must be finalized in the equipment that made it.
Read your manual- probably to be found in the Tools Menu

eedcam 19:06 22 Aug 08

First does you pc drive play +R's second as said did youfinalise the disc but alsodid youcreate a dvd video some recordre dont by default and willonly play on their own.When youhave it in the pc and explore is it a Video_TS folder

Pine Man 19:09 22 Aug 08

Jack is right. I had the same problem until I found the tools on my DVD recorder to finalize the disc. Since then no problems.

awest3 19:21 22 Aug 08

thanks guys..I'll check these out....wifes watching Coronation street on it at the mo...

I have a few DVD player software pgms on the machines...I never gave finalising the disk a thought...

The DVD is not recognised so I can't explore it at the moment...

I'll report back once I get my hands on the DVD recorder.

ta Al

awest3 20:09 22 Aug 08

Thanks guys, the finalising did the trick....I can now clear all the wife's crafting episodes off the HDD...

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…