How to use remote desktop?

lothlann 12:31 30 Nov 09

I have quite a simple problem but I have no idea how to solve it.

My mum is always having trouble with her computer but its very difficult explaining over the phone how to sort a lot of things and I usually cant get round there for a while.

Therefore I was wondering what would be the easiest way for me to remotelly control her computer and show her.

I am using Windows Vista and she has XP installed.

If there is something that I can set up on her computer adn mine and then she just runs the icon when she needs help that would be brilliant.

Thanks

Rigga 12:42 30 Nov 09

Take a look at SkyFex.com, it's a free remote agent that runs through a browser. > click here <

We use it to support clients, and it works quite well. Only in Internet Explorer though.

You sign up, then when you're signed in, your mum just has to visit the web site, and give you the support number over the phone. You can then see her screen and control it if required.

HTH. R.

Sea Urchin 12:50 30 Nov 09

I would suggest an excellent little program called TeamViewer - you don't need to use a browser, and it is extremely easy to operate. Just download the customer module to your Mum's desktop, and you download the full version. She opens her module and tells you over the phone the password etc. (different each time for security) and you connect. Simple.

click here

gengiscant 12:50 30 Nov 09

I have used this for a couple of years now and have found it to be very useful
click here

lothlann 13:29 30 Nov 09

Thank you, I went for Team Viewer and am very impressed.

Very good piece of software.

Sea Urchin 14:15 30 Nov 09

I am sure it will be of great help to you. A couple of months ago I sorted out a problem for a friend in Melbourne Australia from here in the UK. Saved on the air fare :@)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…