how to use my laptop on my tv

ozzy 123 21:14 20 Apr 07

Hi thanks for reading this.
im running a advent laptop on windows xp home.
i am trying to connect it to my pc using a s-video lead but when i connect it to my tv nothing happens even when i press the av button on my tv remote to access the s-video channel. the user manual for my lap top tells me to open the display properties select settings and click advanced then press the nview button and check the clone option and mark the monitor 2 setting.
but when i open the display settings the nview button is not available so i cant clone to monitor 2 or access the tv out option is there any other way i can use my lap top on my pc.
many thanks in advance for all your help.

ozzy 123 21:24 20 Apr 07

Hi thanks for reading this.
im sorry but i made an error in my original thread i put i want connect a laptop to my pc but i meant a tv not pc.

im running a advent laptop on windows xp home.
i am trying to connect it to my tv using a s-video lead but when i connect it to my tv nothing happens even when i press the av button on my tv remote to access the s-video channel. the user manual for my lap top tells me to open the display properties select settings and click advanced then press the nview button and check the clone option and mark the monitor 2 setting.
but when i open the display settings the nview button is not available so i cant clone to monitor 2 or access the tv out option is there any other way i can use my lap top on my pc.
many thanks in advance for all your help.

johnnyrocker 23:43 20 Apr 07

you will need a seperate audio connection facility as sv does not carry audio, if your graphics card is nvidea i use the product from click here not expensive and works a treat i have mine connected via vcr and then on to tv, most modern tv's have several av channels what tv model do you have?.

johnny.

ozzy 123 07:30 21 Apr 07

Hi ive got a toshiba with 4 av ports

johnnyrocker 09:35 21 Apr 07

have you tried all 4 av settings? it is usually av 3 on toshiba.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple