How to use an ISO

suburban train 14:24 23 Nov 05

Hi There

At the uni i go to we can download some MS applications part of the MSDN Academic Alliance.

A few programs which i have downloaded such as MS viewpoint downloads the file as an ISO.

How can I use the file its some 300MB in size?

Rigga 14:27 23 Nov 05

It's a cd image file.

Using your cd image writing program, choose write an image file, then select the iso. You will then have a normal installation cd as if you purchased the viewpoint product.

HTH. R.

Rigga 14:28 23 Nov 05

oops.. that should read... using your cd writing program, such as Nero etc.. choose write an image..

R.

woodchip 14:29 23 Nov 05

If you have NERO choose create Image and point it to the file. Or just try double clicking on the file

suburban train 14:34 23 Nov 05

so basically can I use my Nero software to copy the ISO file to a blank CD and burn it , I presume Nero will other this facilty to me?

Rigga 14:36 23 Nov 05

Yes, but you specifically need to request write a CD image file. It should be one of the options, along with Data CD, music CD etc..

R.

iambeavis 14:42 23 Nov 05

Specifically for ISO files - click here

suburban train 14:57 23 Nov 05

Thanks for your help I'll give it a try tonight, if I have any problems i'll post a message otherwise i'll tick resolved.

BigMoFoT 16:21 23 Nov 05

could use a virtual drive and 'mount' the CD image - that would save you burning the image file.

suburban train 22:57 23 Nov 05

How would I use a virtual drive within Windows XP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…