How to use Hyperlink

Lillylou 10:03 23 Jan 04

I am making my own web site and have information that I downloaded and altered using Edit with Word and saved in My Documents. I have been told I need to use Hyperlink to transfer them to my web site but how do I do it. I am using a geocities page builder web site.

Taran 10:20 23 Jan 04

A hyperlink links one document to another.

When you click one of the links at the top left of this page it takes you to another page, perhaps the Helproom or ConsumerWatch. That's a hyperlink at work, connecting one document to another. You can also get a hyperlink to download a file or open an email, but they are all links to other documents or behaviours.

I think you mean that you need to use FTP [File Transfer Protocol] to transfer your pages to your web space.

Looking through the tour of the Geocities page builder it appears that once you have created your page[s] online, you can alter them as well. If you want to upload your own web pages, you use the file browser supplied by Geocities to browse your PC for the file[s] you want to upload. There's a snapshot of this as well as lots of other guides and walk-through information on the Geocities tour pages click here

Be careful about using Word as your web editor. Word produces some lousy code for web pages, and it links to embedded files in an unusual way making it difficult to get a clean upload sometimes. I'd have thought you would be better off using the online page editor and simply copy and paste your test and images into the page[s] you can make using the Geocities tools.

Lillylou 10:48 23 Jan 04

Thanks Taran I will give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…