How to use google earth

ponytail 12:07 30 Nov 14

I dont use this program often but on a few occasions when I have used and entered the street or road name all I get is a ground level view or worms eye view.This does not happen everytime but why does it happen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:27 30 Nov 14

You need to toggle between Ground view and Street view see here

spuds 14:15 30 Nov 14

Apologies for hijacking. Does Google earth regular update its location points, now that most of the groundwork been done?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 30 Nov 14

Yes every couple of months but some of the street view pictures are quite old

click here

spuds 14:56 30 Nov 14

FB - Thanks for that information. The reason why I asked, was due to seeing this post, then downloading Google Earth, having removed it off my computer previously.

I was a little surprised to see my location was the same, when the Google vehicle was outside my property a few years ago. Thought that with modern technology and perhaps satellites, it would be easier to update, even though it might be a mammoth task to do so. I am also of the thought, that I cannot zoom-in as much as I was able to do previously.

Again apologies to ponytail.

ponytail 16:31 30 Nov 14

If I enter my street my old car which I changed about two years ago is still in the drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 30 Nov 14

Yes because the street view pictures are only updated regularly for the Major cities (mostly American)

ponytail 08:14 01 Dec 14

The following is where my niece lives in Australia Georgina Street, Hilbert, Western Australia, Australia But only get a ground level view perhaps one of you can try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…