how to use css to make links like:

tomleady 09:11 04 Feb 04

click here

i use dreamweaver to design. i am relatively comfortable at using css, just basics at the moment, but i'm picking up pieces as i go along.

Taran said that css is used here to change the cell colour.

currently i use: td onMouseOver="bgColor='#fffff'"
onMouseOut="bgColor='#000000'">

that only changes the cell colour.

how do i make the cell become the link? any help is great!

thanks,

Tom

Talented Monkey 13:28 04 Feb 04

You do not need to do anything to the table cell. A background can be made as part of the link , as well as normal button effects, by simply using standard <a href, then declaring the changes in CSS.

This is done by defining a coloured background and maybe border to extended around the text. As this background is all part of the text, it will be treated as such, and therefore you will be able to move the mouse onto the background to select the link,

In the CSS you have options to change each state of the link, Hover, visited active. This is where you create your change effects.

Here is an example of a menu which I produced entirely with CSS along with the code itself

click here

please feel free to copy whatever you want. I assume you will be able to understand what is going on as you say you have general knowledge. Oh one more thing, when specifying all the A options, you must have link, visted, hover active, in this order otherwise it may not work.

tomleady 13:51 04 Feb 04

i *think* i knwo what is goin on. so i have nabbed your code, and i'll mess around with it myself.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…