How to use CMS ?

vanilla_sky 21:15 26 Mar 07

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use a CMS (Content Management System) and incorporate it into a page designed in Dreamweaver ? I have never used a CMS and don't know if I would need to use one or the other program.
Thank you so much !

CodeMeister 15:33 03 Apr 07

Hi vanilla_sky,

Which server side code (e.g. Classic ASP, ASP.Net, PHP) are you using to develop your site and which CMS (e.g. Drupal) are you using ?

The answer to your question will be different for each system.

Most of the open source CMS have extensive online documentation which explains how to integrate their system into yours.

vanilla_sky 15:07 19 Apr 07

Hi CodeMeister,

I checked with my provider and they say the website it in a ASP.Net server. What CMS can I use for this ?
I tried using Macromedia Contribute, but it lets me edit not only the editable regions but everything on the page and I want to make sure the locked regions stay locked as I want to make sure my customer doesn't change the HTML code my mistake.
Thank you soooo much for any help you can give me.
Regards,
Leah

Contribute is tied in with Dreamweaver. If you are not developing with Dreamweaver then you need to enter the right code in your HTML to get Contribute to recognised the reserved areas of the page.

A CMS (server or client side (i.e. Contribte) is more complex that just applying one to an existing site. You have to build it in from the ground up to ensure it works properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…