//some 3rd party need geo

How to Use 2 Webcams?

slysy 17:14 01 Nov 03

I have 2 Logitech webcams that I would like to be able to use at the same time on the same pc.

Why you may ask.
1) As a small part time security network
2) To broadcast 2 webcams online, for live DJ sets.

Does anybody know of or can recommend any software that can handle both of these jobs or even individual software for each job.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sly SY

Chegs ? 17:45 01 Nov 03

I think its likely to be windows that will cause you most trouble,as whatever prog you used to run the 1st webcam subsequent attempts to start the 2nd would result in windows saying "the" webcam was in use.I tried using my webcam at the same time I was transfering vid from my camcorder,and kept getting "in use" messages off the webcam.

Proxy Worm 17:56 01 Nov 03

I think you cant as someone i know had trouble, they will probably conflict leaving you with nothing! Try through this list click here

slysy 22:51 01 Nov 03

The only message that I receive is that I am out of bandwidth on the USB ports.

I have 6 USB 2.0 ports, 4 are always in use which are 1 Cam, Printer, Scanner, Keyboard.
When I connect the cam 2nd cam it is no problem, but try to run it when the other is in use with, Logitech software, Xp, MSN or Yahoo then I get the out of bandwidth error.

Anyway, I m sure there must be a way.

Thamks

Sly SY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…