How to upgrade RAM

DShaughnessy 08:59 19 Nov 04

I'd like to improve the RAM on my PC. Traiuble is how do i find out what RAM I have at the mo? I believe it's 128 or 256K. How do I know which type of memory to buy?

My PC is a Median microstar running on XP which does not have a handbook stating the PC specs.

Hope u can help.

Cheers

D G 09:27 19 Nov 04

If you go here it will help you
click here

Migwell 09:55 19 Nov 04

Check on the start of the boot screen you should see a figure roling which is the computer checking the memory, when it stops that is the amount of memory you have.

Other than that why not download click here or could be .co.uk can' remember which this will tell you all about your computer.

Buchan 35 22:57 20 Nov 04

What is your motherboard. Find that out and you`ll know the maximum RAM to insert

the Rascal 07:58 21 Nov 04

If you can find out the model number try this link click here
Note whote it says about PC worlds computer and have a look at that link.

SEASHANTY 11:30 21 Nov 04

In addition to the info given above to download the Belarc advisor from Belarc.com you can also download the free edition of Everest Home from here
click here
This is a free PC utility which will give you loads of info on your PC equipment.

SEASHANTY 11:34 21 Nov 04

The link for the Belarc download should be this
click here

menorcarob2 12:00 21 Nov 04

thsi is the replacement for aida32 i think but it will tell you everything about your pc this is the website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…