How to Upgrade my ps3 hard drive and copy drives

julius44 07:38 31 Jan 11

Hello and good morning to u all. I'm hoping that I can get some good help/advice from here pls. I have the old 80gb ps3 and its nearly filled with games/music, etc, so ive just purchased a 640Gb drive from play.com, for the great price of around £51....link is here:

click here

I have also purchased a usb 2.0 enclosure, and link is here:

click here

Now I have a desktop, with a 1tb external seagate hard drive where I have all my music, pics, files etc....it is formatted to NTFS.......this is it here:

click here

I've had this external hard drive for over 2 years and it works great.

Now back to my MAIN reason for this post....ive seen videos on youtube of HOW to upgrade ps3 hard drives and they all look simple enough, BUT i'm a bit confused on HOW to transfer ALL my saves files, games, and important data from the 80gb hard drive to the 640gb hard drive when it arrives......and THIS is my main issue.....any help advice would be much appreciated, many thanks

gengiscant 08:48 31 Jan 11
  julius44 09:07 31 Jan 11

thanks very much for link, gengiscant, BUT does this mean that I now have to ALSO purchase another external hard drive?? I've just forked out £51 for the new ps3 hard drive. I have a 1tb external hard drive but it is NTFS formatted, is there any way I can use this drive to at least store the stuff?? But I can not reformat my 1tb hard drive as i'll lose all my music, ect, so thats not an option,....so i need a quick solution please,

gengiscant 09:56 31 Jan 11

I have just done a bit of research and it is not an easy process, you can only format 32GB to FAT 32 under windows, you would need third party software to do a drive any bigger. But it looks like you would need another drive.You can get one cheap enough off Ebay.
Then you are not guaranteed to be able to copy all your files over as some games seemingly do not allow the data to be copied.

You would be better posting this problem on here, someone is bound to have done what you want to do.click here

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…