How to upgrade hardware

square eyes 08:00 18 Nov 05

Hi,

My pc is now 3 years old and is starting to struggle with the latest games and also my HDD is bursting at the seams, so i've decided to bump up the power a bit. Question is...how?
Im a bit dissapointed with the Mesh site for upgrading info and the Asus site wasnt much better as your limited by your motherboard.

I want to upgrade to a gig of ram, 160 gig HDD, graphics card that will cope for another year of latest games. I want to be absolutely sure that i purchass correctly first time so whats the safest way of doing this please and what upgrades should i be going for (processor maybe?). Hoping to spend £150-200 max

Many thanks

My system is: Mesh computers
Win XP
ASUS a7v333 rev1.01 mobo
AMD Athlon XP2100+ processor
Radeon 9600 AGP
640mb ddr-sdram
60gig HDD

Diodorus Siculus 08:30 18 Nov 05

click here and enter your motherboard details; that will give you the RAM you need. Maybe another 1GB will be best.

A hard drive from, for example, click here will be easily installed.

I don't know about gaming so cannot comment on a suitable graphics card update. However, with your budget, the above should boost things for you for about £100.

square eyes 02:30 19 Nov 05

Thank you very much, that link was more than usefull!
Its told me how much and what memory i can install and also what graphics cards are compatible!

All i need to worry about is what type of HDD i can install, is there a similar way of getting that information like with the memory?

Thanks again

ICF 07:20 19 Nov 05

IDE ultra DMA133/100/66/33
or more simply any IDE hard drive like click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…