Is this how to update video card drivers?

Cybermaxx 16:03 06 Sep 03

I need to update the drivers for my Radeon 9000 card, and I've never done this before. Am I missing anything out:-

1) Click Control Panel
2) Click Add or Remove Programs
3) Remove ATI control panel and ATI display driver
4) Install new panel and driver (I have them on CD)

Is it that simple, or is there anything else I need to do? I've heard of bits of old drivers been left behind and conflicting with the new ones. Could that happen here? Cheers.

Smiler 16:15 06 Sep 03

Go to my computer right click then go to properties then device manager. navigate to display adaptors then click on your adapter and then properties. Click the driver tab then click on update driver . Follow instructions using search for better driver when required. This procedure is for win 98. Not sure about winXP but it must be similar.

hugh-265156 16:26 06 Sep 03

Smilers way will work in xp too.rather than use the drivers on the disc though which will be out of date,download the latest one from click here

uninstall the ati control panel first via add remove programs(do not restart)

uninstall the driver next via add remove and restart the computer.

click cancel twice when prompted to install the drivers.click the downloaded one and follow instructions. if you are using the ones on the disc then dont click cancel and point it to your cdrom.

Cybermaxx 16:36 06 Sep 03

Thanks for the response lads (or lasses?). I'll try the drivers on the CD. They're off a new magazine. The only reason I'm updating the drivers is because Icewind Dale 2 keeps crashing all the time, and according to the ATI site, this is the only solution.

Smiler 19:41 06 Sep 03

If you go here and click on installation tips you get the recommended way of installing. You can also download the latest drivers as well.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…