How to update Google result - shows my temp page

gplatt2000 16:18 07 Feb 07

Hi all

I've recently completed a website for Yorkshire Trade Labels - click here

Whilst I was doing the work, I took down their old site and put up a page which simply said 'Sorry, website down for maintenance, please check back next week' or similar.

However, I now feel this might have been foolish. Their site has always got good results in Google (#1 for 'Yorkshire trade labels') If you search for this on Google, you see their Applegate listing is 1st, with their .co.uk domain 2nd, and .com in 3rd. However, the 3rd one is still showing info from when the site was down - i.e. 'Sorry, our website is down...'

Does anyone know how I can get this changed, or is it just a case of waiting for Google's robots to update their info? The result has been like this for a few weeks now so we really would like to change it if possible...

Thanks a lot for any help

gplatt2000 19:11 08 Feb 07

Hi

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I thu9oght this would probably be the case! It's no massive problem but just doesn't look brilliant, but as long as it goes eventually!

The reason for putting the 'site down' message up was just because they really hated the old site (didn't look at all professional, not the kind of image they wanted to give), and had already given potential customers the address in anticipation of the new one.

But in hindsight, it would've probably been better left as it was!

Other than that I agree with you, not really much point to those messages at all.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…