How to unistall Norton 2005

Border View 16:44 03 Dec 07

I have inheritted a desk top computer running onWindows XPSP2. I will not be connecting to the internet for a short while.

In the meanwhile I would like to uninstall Norton 2005 from this machine. Can anyone advise how to do so without connecting to the internet.

anskyber 16:47 03 Dec 07

Can you download this click here from a PC connected to the internet and burn a CD.

Andsome 16:59 03 Dec 07

I posted the following in another thread asking about this over inflated load of rubbish.

click here

Border View 17:03 03 Dec 07

Many thanks for that - I shall give it a go from this computer.

Will let you know how I get on.

pk46 17:18 03 Dec 07

I have used the Norton Removal tool but it does not uninstall the software from the registory
i deleted anything Symantec from HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
HKEY CURRENT USER AND HKEY CLASSES ROOT.
IF YOU GO DOWN THIS PATH TAKE GREAT CARE.
But when i completed this i was free from SYMANTEC.

Border View 17:24 03 Dec 07

Just to let you know I've downloaded the removal tool and burnt it to disk.

Will do the uninstall later.

Not keen on going into the Registry. Would rather use cclean.

Will let you know how I get on - thank you for responding.

birdface 23:52 03 Dec 07

C Cleaner will not delete it unless you run the removal tool first,Then run C Cleaner to get rid of whats left.Once you have run both Try Start Search.Type in Symantec.Then type in Norton.If you find anything remove it ,Make sure you do not delete any other programs.

Border View 14:11 04 Dec 07

Just to let you know I used the Norton removal tool and everything went OK. Now looking to copy ccleaner from my laptop so that I can use it on the computer which I've just cleared of Norton.

Thanks for the advice fellas.

Border View 17:07 04 Dec 07

Had a go copying ccleaner from my laptop onto a CD then put the CD into the other computer but Windows comes up with cant open this because it doesnt recognise what created the program.

Can anyone please advise how I can get ccleaner onto a computer which isnt connected to the internet.

Border View 19:41 04 Dec 07

Nudge

Border View 20:54 04 Dec 07

Nudge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…