How to uninstall XP Home

PvG 08:14 01 Aug 04

I have tried a version "Go to C:\Windows\system32 and find "osuninst.exe" says registration information missing - this is a genuine verison.
ANy suggestions?
Have also tried formatting from DOS prompt - won't work and booting from an ME boot disk and reformatting C:. The formatting worked but XP still manages to be there and reboot itself!

ayrmail 08:40 01 Aug 04

Not sure but would you not have to use fdsk on the boot disk to remove all partitions although I thought when you formatted your hd that would remove them anyway. Ntfs or fat 32 or perhaps you have both and that is the problem. XP boot disks are available on the internet don’t have a link, someone may post.

ayrmail 08:44 01 Aug 04

What about reinstalling over xp then uninstalling

temp003 09:21 01 Aug 04

The formatting couldn't have succeeded.

If your XP partition is in NTFS, then you should use a ME or 98 boot disk to go into fdisk, say yes to large disk support, and delete the C partition (which should be shown as a non-DOS partition). Then create a new primary partition. Exit fdisk, restart, and format C, then install C.

If your XP partition is in FAT32, download a new ME or 98 boot floppy from click here and try formatting again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…