how to uninstall wise ftp

jimrich 07:54 13 Feb 08

My OS is Win. XP sp2 home ed.

I'm trying to remove Wise FTP version 3 free thru 1&1 hosting.

I go to Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/select: Wise_FTP and click on: Change/Remove

A message box opens with:
Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for WISE-FTP
The wizard will up grade Wise FTP to version 3.0.0.7.
To continue, click Next.

I do not need or want an ‘up grade’ but I click Next anyway and a box opens with:
Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Setup.ini.

Path: C:\DOCUME~1\JIMRIC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\pftC.tmp\Disk1

Of course, the suggested Path leads nowhere. I have no such disk and never did, so the process of uninstalling Wise_FTP stops there!

I cannot delete it manually because Window’s Search option cannot find anything re: wise ftp, acebit or wf_Scheduler.exe.

thanks for your help,
jim

€dstowe 08:30 13 Feb 08
  Sea Urchin 09:37 13 Feb 08

I think you've linked jimrich to his own question on the AceBIT forum. And to jimrich, did you get anywhere with AceBIT support in their link?

€dstowe 10:44 13 Feb 08

I did indeed link jimrich to his own question - the reason being that there was a reply there which would most likely have helped, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Sea Urchin 10:58 13 Feb 08

Apologies €dstowe - I was confused by the time on the reply - your link appeared to be 20 mins before the reply was posted. But I now see that the AceBIT forum is GMT + 1 hour.

brundle 11:32 13 Feb 08

Reinstall and uninstall, it's looking for temporary files created by the installation process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced