how to uninstall smartscreen filter

ponytail 17:25 PM 25 Feb 13

I now have something called smartscreen filter on my laptop.Have seen this before it is stopping me downloading anything how do I get rid of it and where would it have come from

ponytail 17:54 PM 25 Feb 13

Hi jock1e I have just looked at that before replied I typed internet explorer into the search box but ther are a couple of internet explorers listed and after clicking on where do I find safe

ponytail 17:54 PM 25 Feb 13

Hi jock1e I have just looked at that before replied I typed internet explorer into the search box but ther are a couple of internet explorers listed and after clicking on where do I find safe

ponytail 17:55 PM 25 Feb 13

Sorry meant safety button

ponytail 18:03 PM 25 Feb 13

Why have I suddenly started to get this problem.Have never seen smartscreen filter before today so why now.Did a system restore but made no difference

lotvic 18:10 PM 25 Feb 13

"a couple of internet explorers listed" one will be 64bit and one 32bit.

32bit Internet Explorer is the one you should be using as IE 64bit doesn't work so well - a Microsoft known bug and AFAIK not fixed yet.

ponytail 18:43 PM 25 Feb 13

Hi lotvic there is only 64bit listed and where do I find they safety button

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED