how to uninstall sb live?

pherpo 19:24 13 Oct 04

add/remove programme starts the process then stops with the message `C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\DelsL1.isu is not valid or is corrupted`. I have tried reinstalling the software from the original cd which goes on ok, but I still get the same error message when I try to uninstall. Please help, I don`t know what else to try.

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 13 Oct 04

Will it uninstall in safe-mode?

pherpo 19:34 13 Oct 04

i dont know but i will give it a try

pherpo 19:47 13 Oct 04

No! I`ve just tried in safe mode but get the same message

Dan the Confused 20:00 13 Oct 04

Try deleting DelsL1.isu first and then reinstalling and uninstalling again.

pherpo 21:48 15 Oct 04

I`ve run several searches for the file but windows can`t find it. I`ve run the cd again and it appears to load ok, but I still get the same message when I try to uninstall

Dan the Confused 23:22 15 Oct 04

If the file does not exist then maybe it's being caused by a registry entry. Click start>run and type regedit (press enter) and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Scroll down and if there is a folder for SBLive (or similar) then delete it (right click on it and select Delete). Make a registry backup before doing this though.

Dan the Confused 23:23 15 Oct 04

And set a restore point beforehand if you use XP or ME.

pherpo 14:14 21 Oct 04

Thanks to Diodorus and Dan for your help, I think I may have got rid of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple