How to turn off onboard sound

Paulivo 13:07 28 Apr 15

can anyone tell me how to turn onboard sound off on a M5A97 le r2.0 I have been through the bios and cannot find anything

The Kestrel 13:21 28 Apr 15

This article click here may help if you select disable from the drop down menu in section 2.

Paulivo 13:36 28 Apr 15

Thanks kestrel clicked link but there is no section 2 & no drop down menu anywhere on page?

Paulivo 13:48 28 Apr 15

maybe i should elaborate, I am using a Creative soundblaster Z every thing was fine until I changed my C: drive to an sd drive, since then the creative card will not operate, after googling it seems the sd drive boots too quickly before the creative software has time to activate.So I have ordered an Asus Xonar D2 card and I want to uninstall the realtec onboard sound which I am told needs to be turned off in the bios although I cant find it in there

hastelloy 15:42 28 Apr 15

Paulivo

You have misunderstood the post from The Kestrel. Click on his link and follow the instructions to "2、Right-click Speaker, click Set Default Device, Click OK". This is where you select disable.

alanrwood 19:25 28 Apr 15

Disabling on-board sound is always done from within the BIOS ion my experience.

Paulivo 21:13 28 Apr 15

yes, alanrwood, exactly. I need to disable audio in the bios, can someone please tell me where the option is as I have been unable to find it.

robin_x 21:48 28 Apr 15

Try here. Sorry cannot be more specific.

Youtube shows how for a 2012 BIOS.

If you have all singing and dancing UEFI you'll have to look further

BRYNIT 22:31 28 Apr 15

From the instruction manual it looks like you will find it in the BIOS from the advanced tab/On board device configuration. If you look at chapter 3 of the manual it should help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…