How to Turn AVG Antivirus off?

garrema 13:28 03 Apr 05

For the purpose of updating graphics drivers i want to turn AVG Free (7.0.308) off while I uninstall & install drivers? (Nvidia advise this)
Using win XP home an option Windows Security Centre is not apparent, equally in AVG Control center its not apparent.
Any advice?

VoG II 13:33 03 Apr 05
  pj123 13:33 03 Apr 05

Click on the AVG icon near the clock and select

Quit AVG Control Centre.

You may have to reboot to reactivate it again but you will probably have to do that if you are downloading updates or programmes anyway.

garrema 13:38 03 Apr 05

Thanks Vog & PJ123;
Just clarify for me if you know - I have seen the "Quit AVG Control centre" but regarded the control centre as the nice interface that ties all the components in - I presumed all I would be doing is turning off the interface.
So turning the control centre off turns all the elements of AVG off also?

garrema 13:40 03 Apr 05

Actually I will do that and send an Email to myself and see if the email checker kick in.

garrema 14:34 03 Apr 05

Been onto the Grisoft pages - I should have gone there first before asking here tbh. However finding what I have its worth wrapping up for future searches.
Apparently its a regular question on the AVG Free forums.. click here

You can leave the control center as it is since it is the interface only - thing to do is go to the Resident Shield and uncheck the checked boxes - once done with whatever recheck them!

No more time to do what I wanted to..

Note vOg & pj123; Not intended to set out to discredit your advice or good intent. Ta for your responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…