How tro remove hard drive?

possum66 14:18 02 Oct 09

Have PC with 2 hard drives. One is partitioned into 3. I want to remove the hard drive. Do I just physically take it out OR do I have to format each partition before I do and if so HOW please?

woodchip 14:29 02 Oct 09

I want to remove the hard drive. Why? Which one?

DieSse 14:50 02 Oct 09

You just take it out.

Be sure to disconnect from the mains and wait at least 30 seconds before removing any cables.

What are you planning to do with the drive - if, for instance, you're going to give it to someone else, you need to wipe it clean first.

woodchip 14:57 02 Oct 09

And if you take the Master drive out, do not forget to check jumper on other drive if you intend putting the OS on it

possum66 15:08 02 Oct 09

Both hard drives have an OS on them. The partitioned one has win98 one one partition. The other drive has XP. I want to remove the partitiopned one as it has become very noisy. If i take it out I lose drives, C,D and E. Leaving XP on H. Do the drive letters just collapse themselves?
Probably sounds very simple if you know how. Thanks for the replies.

woodchip 15:20 02 Oct 09

You can just take it out, you will lose all partitions other than XP. If it does not boot from the XP partition you may have to do a repair using XP CD

woodchip 15:22 02 Oct 09

If the XP Drive is a IDE not Sata check Hard Drive Jumper is set to Master there is a little Diagram on top of the drive Letters near Jumper for Master

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…