how to transfer photos on a cd-r to dvd

RONGC 21:08 05 Mar 07

I would appreciate it if anybody could help me in telling me how to transfer photos on a cd-r to a dvd.
thanks rongc

woodchip 21:25 05 Mar 07

If you use NERO put the disc in and in NERO choose copy it will write the files to the Hard Disc then it will tell you to put a disc in. You then put a DVD in and change the drive to DVD from Within NERO to write the photos to

Totally-braindead 21:38 05 Mar 07

Or create a file on your computer somewhere, copy and paste the files you want from the CD to the file then burn the file onto the DVD.
Theres a few ways to do it and its what you find easiest thats best for you.

woodchip 21:43 05 Mar 07

Yep that's how I would do it, But I have also done it as I posted

Totally-braindead 22:44 05 Mar 07

I showed a friend of mine three ways to do something similar to what you asked. He asked me which was best. My reply was which do you find easiest to remember? Whichever one you find the easiest is best for you.

Stuartli 23:56 05 Mar 07

Even better is to use the DVD in multisession mode, then you can keep adding pix files until the DVD is full...:-)

Totally-braindead 09:43 06 Mar 07

Agreed Stuartli thats what I do but I use CDs rather than DVDs. You can get an awful lot of pictures on even a CD.
And I have 2 copies. Check each of them every couple of months just to be safe and if one was having a problem I would immediately make another copy.
The reason I do this RONGC is because I don't want to risk losing the photos. Disks can degrade over time and even if this doesn't happen what if you have only one disk with everything on it and put it down somewhere silly by mistake such as next to a heater, or suppose you drop it and it gets badly scratched.
Its better to be safe than sorry especially when we are talking about the likes of photos which cannot be replaced.

Stuartli 10:54 06 Mar 07

I also use CD-Rs for the purpose - as you say you can get a large number of pix files on one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5