How to transfer data from a SCSI hard drive

carlos 12:13 10 Jan 03
  carlos 12:13 10 Jan 03

Hi,
got a dead PC. Get "hard drive not found" on boot-up. Someone said it's a dead battery, so I took old one out and in doing it I broke the battery seating and the metal clip. Oh dear! Anyway,it's an old PII so I'm upgrading. Be very grateful for advice on getting data off hard drive( have backed up all but most recent!!). Unfortunately it's a SCSI LVD one. I think it's SCSI III( D-shaped but very thin which plugged directly into the Dell Precision 610 PC Mobo). I have only one otherPC that has an IDE type hard drive but with a CDR running off an internal SCSI PCI card( external port on this is SCSI D pin ie looks like the parallel printer port socket ). I have an adaptor for these two SCSI connectors.

karmgord 16:15 11 Jan 03

try replacing cdr with hd ?

carlos 20:02 11 Jan 03

Sounds like a good idea. I will check to see if the male connector is the same on hard drive and CDRW( Monday). Thanks for that....fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…