how to tell what motherboard

musiclady 10:57 16 Feb 04

How or where do you look to see what motherboard if installed on a computer without dismantling it

Stuartli 11:02 16 Feb 04

Either go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools and then System Information or download Aida32 or Belarc Advisor; however, System Information is Windows' own fully comprehensive and constantly updated review of your entire system.

Nellie2 11:02 16 Feb 04

Aida32 or Belarc advisor should give you your motherboard specs. Sorry I'm at work and don't have the links handy but do a search on google and you will find them. Both free programs

Nellie2 11:03 16 Feb 04

Stuartli you beat me too it, I shall have to learn to type faster!!! :)

hugh-265156 11:15 16 Feb 04

aida32 click here (any version)

install it and click "system/summary"

Stuartli 17:50 16 Feb 04

Agreed but, by the time you've downloaded and installed such a utility, you could have found out exactly what you want from System Information and be doing something else entirely...:-)

hugh-265156 19:41 16 Feb 04

agreed. :-)

faster still is start/run type "msinfo32" click ok

thing is,if musiclady should happen to have a off the shelf system like me then msinfo is not so useful. manufacturer is reported ok as is most info bios no.processor etc but "system model" is reported as "00000000000000000000" not much use.no mention of mobo.

belarc tells me i have a "nec mobo sis 650".this is wrong also.thats my chipset.it is a packard bell so nec is partly correct but aida32 is the only one to correctly identify the mobo as a gigabyte ga 8siml ver 1.0. also tells me correctly its a packard bell and gives links to both gigabyte and PB.

i like aidas easy to use interface aswell thats why i recommended it.top bit of freeware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…