How to switch off google address bar search please??

julius44 09:33 20 Nov 13

Hello a few days ago i realised that when i'm searching via google chrome browser, it automatically launches my search from the address bar. Is there ANY way from switching this off please? I just want to be able to search from the normal search option ONLY. many thanks

Jules

Woolwell 11:03 20 Nov 13

The address bar is also used for search. What do you mean by the "normal" search option?

spuds 12:24 20 Nov 13

I have just put "how to turn off google search in address bar", in a Google search and various other alternatives to that title, and quite a lot of advice and information came up, far to many to select a link from.

Possibly doing the same, will give the results you want?.

julius44 13:01 20 Nov 13

Hi woolwell, what I mean is that instead of typing what i'm looking for into the address bar, all i want to do is type in the google search field, and NOT the address bar.

Woolwell 13:05 20 Nov 13

I still don't understand what you mean. Which Google search field? If for example you open google.co.uk then you can type in the search box on the webpage and you don't have to use the address bar.

Batch 14:18 20 Nov 13

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…