how to sue pc world

Changed 22:39 18 Jul 10

Really want to know how to sue PC World or get

I bought Toshiba L450d/ 11x on 5 Th Jan 2010, it not even six months, the laptop started getting held, restarted in the middle of any work , heating up and lastly the replacing of hard drive error displayed on the screen. I decided to visit pc world mile end store, I went there and they asked me to call techguys, I was not even aware of these un skill full and unreliable people. I called them and they sent dpd courier people ( I never had met some one with that worse attitude, O MG they were dramatically rude and shouting at me on 25 Th June because they wanted me to get with all that thing done in 2 Min, while running downstairs from my flat they were hitting the box in which they were carrying the laptop in the walls) and then i placed a call to the techguys about their rude behaviour and told them my suspicion that my laptop might be further damaged. the person with the name Marcus didn't even bother, i assume because when the dpd people came for delivering my laptop back they where again rude, this time they shouted very high and abused me by saying stupid. the reason was that I was not willing to sign until an unless I first check the body of the laptop, after all I decided to sign and then noticed that there were scratches on the laptop. at that time I started arguing about the condition I gave my laptop, they got horrifying and took the laptop with them. Since then I have been calling them and complaining but I don't know what to do and I just have the purchase receipt and delivery sticker, which they didn't take when they came to deliver it back. I am a student and I always need the laptop, I invested really big amount of £460 on that laptop and now I am looking forward to sue the company. Can any one please help me by guiding where to start from as my laptop is still with dpd people as I tracked on their website and they might deliver next week but I want either to sue them and claim compensation or to get a replacement of my laptop.

other than this , i want to inform i got my laptop back now, but the problem of hard drive is still there and additional scratches by the service providers are still present, i got a call to from techguys few mins before getting the laptop and he assured me that he would replace the laptop and will call after one hr, but there is no more call now.

northumbria61 22:46 18 Jul 10
  Technotiger 22:46 18 Jul 10

click here

Best to stick to one Thread until solved.

lotvic 23:30 18 Jul 10

You need 'Consumer Direct' Call an adviser for help or advice: 08454 04 05 06

Sea Urchin 00:05 19 Jul 10

Despite the fact you have "changed" your username this is still the same problem you had on the previous thread linked to by Technotiger.

You have had considerable advice as to what to do on that thread, and you will only receive the same suggestions again here. You have plenty of ideas to follow up.

G4V1N 08:56 20 Jul 10

insted of calling a 0845 number i use a online number database called say no to 0870.. if you use this link .. then put the number in you will get a geographical number.. and you don't have to pay as much on a 0870

Thought this would help

click here

Use this to get the number

But it depens on where you are in the uk.

G4V1N

Changed 09:21 09 Aug 10

Atlast PC World had decided to give me the replacement of the laptop.
I just want to know which would be the most resonable replacement lptop for my previous one as that Toshiba L450D-11X is no more in their stock and they will give me the imidiate similar laptop. or with hiher specifications.
Tell me is AMD Turion Equalent to Intel i3 or i4, or it is just equalent to i7.

keef66 15:42 09 Aug 10

click here

This shows you where your old laptop processor sits in the scheme of things.

CPU's with slightly higher scores would be acceptable substitutes. Make sure you're getting the same amount or RAM (memory) and the same size hard drive as before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…