How to stop ZA Security Options at bootup? Help pl

bof:) 12:29 17 Aug 09

Hi all, when my laptop boots up I get a 'Zone Alarm Security Options' box appearing. I am given two options within the box, these are,...'Show me now' and 'No thank you'.

If I choose no thank you the box disappears until I next boot up the laptop.

If I select 'show me now', I get taken to a Zone Alarm site which lists other Zone alarm products that can be added to my ZA free firewall.

I've looked on this page for a no thank you, do not want any,etc but cannot find anything. All I can do is cancel the page.

This is ok until I boot up the laptop and again get the ZA Security options box appear.

I've looked in msconfig to see if there anything in there that's ZA related but can only find the normal ZA start up line.

Could someone please show me how to get rid of this annoying ZA security optios box please.

many thanks,

bof

johnnyrocker 19:47 17 Aug 09

uninstall and find a more reliable firewall with no persistence such as sygate

johnny

bof:) 08:58 18 Aug 09

bump

Technotiger 09:03 18 Aug 09

You could try re-downloading and installing ZA from one of the sites mentioned here ... Or - choose a different free firewall ...

click here

bof:) 11:12 24 Aug 09

Hi all, I've deleted Zone Alarm from my PC and installed Sunbelt Personal firewall instead. Zone Alarm popup has not reappeared.

Many thanks for your help its appreciated.

bof:)

Technotiger 15:04 24 Aug 09

Thanks for your feedback - I also use Sunbelt Pers (paid for version) 'cos I liked the trial version.

Don't forget to Green-tick this thread Resolved ... Cheers.

fullyfitted 16:11 24 Aug 09

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…