How to stop windows messenger from starting up?

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 00:33 20 Aug 03

Everytime i open outlook express, windows messenger opens up too which is rather annoying as i use and prefer msn messenger.

I have tried looking in the messenger options but there appears to be nothing and in the outlook express option there is only an option to stop it from logging on....i just don't want it to open full stop.

Thanks

Graham

leo49 00:37 20 Aug 03

Disable it in Component services accessed via Admin Tools.[If it's alrady running,stop it before clicking Disable].

Regards

How do i do that, i have had a look but can't find anything there.

leo49 00:45 20 Aug 03

Expand Local Services

then.....

i still have nothing regarding windows messenger...only the messenger service which is unrelated

Ironman556 00:51 20 Aug 03

Have you tried going to add/remove Windows components and removing Windows Messenger? I've got ris of Win Messenger and left MSN Messenger installed, I've got rid of it from Outlook to but I cannot find how!

leo49 00:52 20 Aug 03

click here

Better? and follow link for script.

Regards

whybe 00:54 20 Aug 03

Try clicking on the icon in the system tray. Then Tools, Options, Preferences Tab. Deselect Start with Windows and Run in the background. My WM shutdown and I had to restart through All Programs.

leo49 00:54 20 Aug 03

I've got rid of both and mixed them up, I'm afraid. Sorry.

i have uninstalled windows messenger but it still opens with outlook express.

leo that fix is for XP Pro but i have the home edition

Thanks

leo49 01:07 20 Aug 03

Sorry assumed you'd have the Pro. In OE\Tools\Options General Tab uncheck "Auto logon to Windows Messenger".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…