How to stop NET messenger unwanted sign in

tmr 21:09 08 Oct 04

I use MSN Messenger at work and at home.
Whenever I log onto the internet at home I have found out that this seems sign onto a NET messenger service on the MSN service even though MSN Messenger at home is not activated and not signed on.
When I do sign in to MSN Messenger I get a message that I have signed out of a NETmessenger service and signing in from another location.
I have checked the windows task manager before signing on to MSN but this doesn't show any applications running.
My MSN properties are set up not to sign on automatically.
How can I find which programme is logging on and deactvate it?

Diodorus Siculus 08:14 09 Oct 04

It could be Outlook express if you use that - it has an option to log you I think.

Old Shep 11:04 09 Oct 04

I keep getting the same problem have to keep going into run/ msconfig/start up and untick the msnsgs box works for a few days and then seems to come back for some reason

tmr 16:46 17 Oct 04

Thanks for the ideas, I think I've solved the problem by deleting windows messenger which seemed to be running in the background everytime I connected to the internet even though it didn't open or show up as a running application in task manager. Presumably another case of windows taking over and doing it's own thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…