How to stop Google displaying my seach history

enjay8 13:46 PM 10 Sep 11

whenever I type the first letter of a google enquiry it displays a dropdown list of every entry I have previously made (beginning with this letter) showing my former search history. This has never occurred with Windows 8 or X. Can this be cancelled or should I learn to live with it?

enjay8

enjay8 13:56 PM 10 Sep 11

Whenever I enter the first letter of a google request a dropdown list shows every entry I have formerly made (beginning with this letter). This was never shown in Previous Windows edition (8/XP). Can this be cancelled or is it a peculiarity of Windows7 I should learn to live with. My thanks for all help.

enjay8

Ex plorer 14:06 PM 10 Sep 11
  rdave13 14:07 PM 10 Sep 11

Try Google via this URL

northumbria61 14:55 PM 10 Sep 11

Is it "Auto Complete" you want to stop? In Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete Button - Uncheck FORMS - then Delete Auto Complete History - click OK.

Abel 06:54 AM 11 Sep 11

If you're using or have a Google toolbar, click on the spanner icon and a 'Toolbar Options' menu will appear. Then, simply remove the tick from the box 'Store Search History on My Computer.'

Abel

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites