How to Stop FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD

The problem I have got is that when I restart or reboot my comp my dvd writer which is a pioneer dvr-111d changes to a [email protected] dvd-bg dvb-111d I have unstalled driver reinstalled pioneer driver rebooted and again found new hardware takes over and installs driver [email protected] dvd-bg 111d how do I stop this very strange indeed and a goog puzler

awest3 22:45 01 Sep 09

Not sure but!

Maybe if you go into services.msc and disable Plug and Play service it may stop it finding the drive.

go to start, then run and type "services.msc" in the run command area...

find plug and play and double click it and disable it...you will need to enable it afterwards.

Al

DieSse 23:50 01 Sep 09

"The problem I have got..."

Why is that a problem - is it causing any issues?

It may be the drive is faulty, and reporting the wrong identifier back to the new hardware wizard. I've seen hard drives reporting back incorrectly before - they've always failed.

Try taking off and refitting the data cable - or try a new one, and see if it changes things.

Stuartli 23:58 01 Sep 09

The only driver that is normally required for any optical drive is the basic Windows CDROM driver which is installed automatically - the features of a rewriter are controlled by software such as Nero.

Stuartli 00:03 02 Sep 09

Are you referring to firmware rather than the basic driver?

Such firmware can be found at:

click here

but, unless you know what you are doing, it's best to avoid updating firmware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…