How to stop dusty pc innards

civicr 17:06 PM 31 Oct 12

I currently service my Brother in laws two pc towers in the office of his workshop and the insides get very dusty and i have to use a compressor to clean them out. Is there anything on the market that would help extract to dust as it comes in , ie case fans . The office door is shut but after about 8 months they need blowing out again. Any ideas.

Nontek 17:25 PM 31 Oct 12

I don't think there is any way on Earth to accomplish that!

Even in a nice clean home environment it would not be possible to eliminate all dust inside PC - dust as mo doubt you are well aware, is attracted by the heat from the PC.

Maybe possible in the Arctic Circle!

BT 17:26 PM 31 Oct 12

A lot depends on the location and surroundings. One of the worst places is on the floor, under desks etc.

Woolwell 17:37 PM 31 Oct 12

In the days of main-frame computers they used to be kept in special dust-free, air conditioned rooms but nowadays pc towers are kept in busy and dusty offices. So keeping them clean is going to be difficult.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 PM 31 Oct 12

You could fit filters to the case fan and grills but you wou;ld need to watch for any heat build up.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites