How to stop a cookie appearing

Meshuga 09:01 07 May 05

I run a scan daily automatically with Giant antispyware and every few days it will come up with the same cookie which is "Burstnet.com". I know that this is a low threat advertising company and relatively harmless and it does not appear every day. It`s the only one it finds. Is there any way I can stop this happening please. It`s really just a nuisance but one I can do without if I can stop it.

dontnoafing 09:36 07 May 05

the good advice i followed on this site is as follows:internet explorer:internet options:privacy:advanced:"check" overide auto cookie handling:accept first party:block 3rd party:"check" allow session cookies.

Meshuga 11:19 07 May 05

dontnoafing, thanks for that, trouble is that the cookie IS from the first party which I dont want to accept. Can I block first parties?

ollie < one> 11:29 07 May 05

hi
if you want you can block all cookies by going to tools -internet options-privacy-select block all cookies on the slider bar - apply ,that will stop them all unless you want some cookies

ollie < one> 11:31 07 May 05

sorry forgot to say that there are some sites that will not let you view them unless you have cookies enables

Meshuga 11:37 07 May 05

Thanks ollie<one>, that is the problem. I wish to be able to block individual cookies because some sites that I use require cookies enabled.

VoG II 11:42 07 May 05
  ollie < one> 11:48 07 May 05

i think that vog has the answer

dontnoafing 11:51 07 May 05

good

Wak 11:52 07 May 05

I would also recommend Jason Levine's Cookie Jar from click here

achilles123 12:08 07 May 05

If you switch to a mozilla browser you can set cookies to be accepted by default, AND block from specific sites. You don't even need to know who is setting the cookie, just remove it with the cookie manager and tick the box to prevent sites with removed cookies setting them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…