How to stop Adobe Air automatic updates

SallyC 13 Feb 13
Answered

bbciplayer desktop stopped working on my laptop about 3 weeks ago. After much research I found the solution and downloaded an earlier version of Adobe Air (3.4.0.2710) and reinstalled desktop which is now working fine. But everytime I launch desktop Adobe Air tries to update. In order to stop this the Adobe site has software called 'Adobe Air Settings Manager' which is a zip file containing preferences which can be used to stop automatic downloads. I have tried a dozen times to download it but it doesn't open. I've tried searching for a 'Settings Manager' for v3.4 but keep being directed back to the same download.
Does anyone know if there is another way of stopping the software from trying to update? I am using a laptop with Windows XP SP3 Thanks

difarn 13 Feb 13
Answer

Adobe has issued this advice...- this may resolve the problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message