How to start IE immediately

bluegeranium 08:21 04 Jul 07

I would like to be able to turn my computer on and it go directly to my IE homepage. I have disabled the welcome screen/passwords but I can only get as far as the desktop.
Can anyone help please?
thanks

Technotiger 08:44 04 Jul 07

Hi, I don't think this is possible, but how hard is it just to click on your IE icon on the desktop, or if you have short-cut buttons on your keyboard, just to press a button to open IE?

VoG II 08:59 04 Jul 07

Left click on the IE icon, keep the button depressed, drag it onto the Start button, then All Programs, then Startup and release the button.

birdface 09:27 04 Jul 07

You can do it,But a long time since I tried,You have to go into user accounts in control panel,And do something from there,[Automatically sign me in when computer starts]But can't remember how you do it.I am sure someone will be able to explain it to you.There is a little box that you have to tick or untick,

Technotiger 09:27 04 Jul 07

Grreat, still not too old to learn new tricks :-)

birdface 09:28 04 Jul 07

Sorry ignore last,You have already done that.

Stuartli 09:39 04 Jul 07

If you use Firefox, you can close down your system without closing down the browser (or any of its other open windows or tabs).

When you switch on again, you can quickly Restore the previous session.

But, to be honest, I'm with Technotiger on this one..:-)

billydilly 10:55 04 Jul 07

Technotiger is right do it his way

umbongo(uk) 16:52 04 Jul 07

were all with tiger as youll be back saying its annoying you at start up lol :)

bluegeranium 17:07 04 Jul 07

OK maybe I'm impatient!! but I have to wait for 5mins for computer to turn on and then 5 mins for IE to spring into life I just wanted to save a bit of time hanging around waiting that's all!

VoG II 17:19 04 Jul 07

If IE takes 5 minutes to load there is something very wrong somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple