How speed up modem?

edelinski-199425 15:04 28 May 04

I'm interestin if somebody know ,can I speed up my internet ,I have 56K modem and my downloads is to slow,I alredy yousing a download menager but speed is 3,8-4.1 kbps.So I ask if somebady know can I get faster download speed and how.Thank's to everebody.

ste_bla 15:21 28 May 04

It depends on your connection speed such companies as AOL (from past experience)only give a 44 connection instead of a therotical 56 connection so you cant download as much...

If you know what you connection speed is divide it by 8 and that will giv you the max speed you can download at..

woodchip 15:31 28 May 04

You will not alter you connection by much, and can degrade it by tinkering. What is you OS, the thing to watch for it the little TV's bottom right in system tray keep working if you are downloading, if they keep stopping you may be able to improve things

edelinski-199425 15:33 28 May 04

Thanks for information I'm beginer on computer so it's beter to ask,thank you very much,I didn't know that, thank you again.

Stuartli 15:44 28 May 04

See these threads:

click here

(re the registry tweak rather than Onspeed)

and

click here

Also check that you have the very latest driver for your modem and, if you have any other problems, check them out at:

click here

especially from the Speed button/tab on the left hand menu.

vojo - AOL dialup is 56, was with them for many years and normally got a quick connection of between 5.5 - 6. Though i understand its almost a legal requirement to slag aol off......lol

ste_bla 16:53 28 May 04

a download speed of 5.75 (avg of 5.5-6) is a connection speed of 46 ..which is close to my 44 comment..

ste_bla 16:54 28 May 04

and note i was not slagging them off they offer good value for money compared to BT as no silly 100hr limit etc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…