How specify download location?

MickinPlymouthUK 01:06 04 Oct 06

Sometimes when I download files from the net such as add-on aircraft and boats, they begin auto-downloading immediately into a "temporary folder" wthout first asking me to specify a location to download them to.
As a result, I have the hassle of having to find the temp folder (not always easy) to fish out the files.
Is there any way I can specify where I want the d/loads to go instead of into that temp folder?
I'm WinXPHome

sean-278262 01:12 04 Oct 06

Care to tell us what you are actually using to download the files with? Do you use internet explorer or firefor or one of the plethora of FTP programs?

MickinPlymouthUK 01:14 04 Oct 06

Huh? I simply click "download file" at the website and it starts downloading.
I'm AOL and PC-illiterate

MickinPlymouthUK 03:28 09 Oct 06

I'm still stuck, I just downloaded a set of gridded terrain for Combat Mission; I clicked "Download" and it began d/loading into a "temporary folder", then when it was finished my Izarc program came up on screen, presumably expecting me to fish the download out, but I couldn't find it in there..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…