How to show Nexus 7.2 display on our TV?

Pineman100 16:50 14 Feb 14

My wife has a Google Nexus 7.2 tablet. She would like to be able to transfer the tablet's screen display on to our HD TV, to be able to run slideshows, watch downloaded movies, and so on.

The TV has two USB ports, and I've tried connecting the Nexus USB cable to each of them, without success. When I select the TV's "USB" input option, it fails to recognise that there's anything connected.

Any recommendations on how to do this, please?

rdave13 17:24 14 Feb 14

Not sure if it works on usb. If you have a HDMI input on the TV then I came across this, Amazon. Check out the reviews etc. I've not got the Nexus 2013 version so won't work for me to try it.

bumpkin 18:53 14 Feb 14

I don't think that you can do it via USB. HDMI if you have the sockets is easy.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 14 Feb 14

If you have the pre 2013 Nexus 7 it does not have an HDMI / USB slim port for playing content on a TV set.

If you have a DLNA-compatible TV, install a DLNA server application (such as BubbleUPnP).

You can use your TV to wirelessly browse and view all of the content you've stored on your Nexus 7, but this will only allow you to view content the TV can actually play

rdave13 19:11 14 Feb 14

Fruit Bat /\0/\ , the 7.2 is the 2013 version and should play via HDMI using the Simport adaptor. Trouble is that it's not that cheap.

Pineman100 11:05 16 Feb 14

Thanks very much for those thoughts, everyone.

Unfortunately our TV is not DLNA-capable.

A friend has just loaned me an adapter box called a Sumvision Cyclone, which describes itself as a Micro Media Player Adapter. Unlike the one linked to above by rdave13, this one is powered - I plug the USB lead from the Nexus tablet into a USB port and then run an HDMI cable from another port into the TV.

I can get a menu of choices from the adapter on the TV screen - movies, music, photos - but no matter what I select, I can't get the Nexus screen image to come up on the TV.

Because the adapter's menu displays fine, I suspect the problem may related to the Nexus's output, rather than the adapter's or the TV's input.

Any other ideas, please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5