How should I dispose of my broken CRT monitor?

YinHoNg 20:24 14 Nov 07

My CRT monitor broke, and I have replaced it with a new LCD one.

Where should I dispose of the monitor? Can it be recycled? It doesn't work anymore so I can't pass it along to anyone else.

Karakorum 20:29 14 Nov 07

Your local council probably has a depot you can take it to if you contact them. Mine does anyway.

Stuartli 20:29 14 Nov 07

My local council's refuse centre accepts television sets, so it's quite likely your council will do so as well.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:30 14 Nov 07

1. will it fit in the wheelie bin?

2. first skip you pass?

3. take to local council waste center

;0)

lotvic 20:31 14 Nov 07

Local Council
they will have a container for them up at the local refuse tip

YinHoNg 21:09 14 Nov 07

Thanks. Emailed local council to find out where to dispose of it.

FatboySlim71 22:59 14 Nov 07

I was in the exact same predicament 6 months ago. I went to my local refuse centre, I was told when I got there "You will need to apply for a permit, which should arrive within five days" all this because I was in a car derived van. It was a 14 inch portable TV I was wanting to dump for Christ sake, not a skip full of rubbish.

The thing was, I had just borrowed the van and then was the only time that I could have disposed of it.

All I can say is, with bureaucracy like that, then no wonder there is fly tippers.

woodchip 23:00 14 Nov 07

You leave the Van outside and walk in with the TV

FatboySlim71 23:45 14 Nov 07

They will not allow people to come in on foot with rubbish for some unknown reason?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…