how to share a dialup internet connection

richierich 15:46 07 Apr 05

have done it before so i know it is possible . computers network together ok but when itry to enable internet connection sharing it reports that the Lan is either disconnected or not available, however i know it is connected in other ways as I can swap data between the computers. any help please

Yoda Knight 16:01 07 Apr 05

I've never had much joy with Windows sharing either, try using AnalogueX as a proxy server instead, easy to install and you dont need to anything after.

click here and follow the PROXY link, halfway down the page

richierich 16:22 07 Apr 05

Wow seems very complicated, as someone whos doesnt know one IP address from another, I know it has connected ok in the past without me having to set anything, somewhere down the line the settings must have changed as it wont share the connection now.
I need basic help like how do i find and change IP addresses and to what, anyone?

Yoda Knight 16:23 07 Apr 05

what OS are you using ?

richierich 16:29 07 Apr 05

Win2000 pro

Yoda Knight 16:33 07 Apr 05

right click network neighbourhood, properties. find the tcp/ip protocol settings, u can set a static ip address there.
to find ur current ip address, click start, run, cmd (or command ???), in the dos box type IPCONFIG /ALL

richierich 16:45 07 Apr 05

I dont have network neighbourhood. I have network places but it doesnt show ip address when i right click it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…